Scholars are for the kids

Riley Hospital for Children is a nonprofit pediatric hospital that serves Indiana as the state’s leading pediatric health care system and is nationally ranked for the extensive research they perform. Across the state, high schools and colleges hold dance marathons in which all funds raised go to support Riley.

This weekend, Indiana University Dance Marathon (IUDM) was held at IU’s tennis center, where nine Indiana Evans Scholars stood on their feet for 36 hours. 

IUDM itself is a year-long fundraiser, and is the second largest student-run philanthropy in the world. 75 percent of the funds raised at IUDM go to support the Wells Center for Pediatric Research at Riley, while the remaining 25 percent goes toward clinical care. IUDM 2018 raised a total of $4,187,051.23 for the kids!

We are so proud of all of our Scholars who represented us at the marathon! Our participants included:

  • Jack Graf (senior) - Entertainment Committee
  • Lauren Diffendarfer (senior) - Merchandise and Apparel Committee
  • Gus Serrani (junior) - Entertainment Committee
  • Ali Dobbins (junior) - Morale Committee
  • Clara Baumgarten (junior) - Hospitality Committee
  • Paige Thomerson (junior) - Alumni Relations Committee
  • Lexi Meyer (junior) - Public Relations Committee
  • Ashley Luginbill (sophomore) - Accounting Committee
  • Llogan Russell (sophomore) - Fundraising Committee